Prerequisites/Qualifications to Apply for MyStI:
- Be a Senior (12th grader) in high school OR an undergraduate/graduate college student.
- A GPA minimum of 3.0 is required for transition to Phase 2 UNLESS you receive an 80% or higher during Phase 1 review)
- Must have a good command in on-line collaboration and be able to maintain an electronic presence with the mentor via various modes of communication (Email, Google Docs, Skype, other web interfaces)
- Demonstrated community service (volunteer or paid) and interest in community affairs
- Able to spend on the average 10 to 15 hours per week during the regular semester
- Having completed a course in Statistics is recommended, but not required.