The MyStI program flow spreads over the duration of that year’s summer and consists of three phases:
- Phase 1: Proposal solicitation & selection of qualified candidates
- Phase 2: Research internship
- Phase 3: Deliberation and evaluation
Each applicant intern will be assigned a mentor that will monitor and guide them throughout the course of the program. The research projects will be evaluated and ranked by a panel of experts. The intern’s work must be endorsed and approved by the designated/approved mentor at every phase of MyStI.
Here is what to be expected when interning with MY-FIKR:
- Interns will take primary responsibility for conducting research and do so with professional attitudes and time commitments.
- An average of 10-15 hours per week, researching the project, is anticipated.
- Intern’s communications and data collection are to be recorded and be readily available for review by the panel of mentors/judges.
- Interns agree to write technical articles and submit final report for publication into appropriate outlets.
- Interns are encouraged to present research results at appropriate meetings (i.e. ISNA, ICNA, CAIR , Islamic Centers and academic institution) and also in Muslim Link, The Message, Islamic Horizon, or Al Jumuah Magazine